New Studio Binder Discovery: Varieties of Camera Angles

 I haven't been posting much, but that's because my Spring Break was busy. Despite the business, I decided to watch a Studio binder video to keep me up to date and maybe learn some new things, and upon searching I found some information on camera angles from this video:




Some camera angles that appeared in the video such as High angle and Low angle I already know of. But the other angles I don't know of are:

  • Eye Level- When your subject is at eye-level
  • Hip Level- when camera is roughly waist- high
  • Knee Level- when camera is about as low as your subject's knees
  • Ground Level- When camera's height is on ground level with your subject
  • Shoulder Level- camera angle that is as high as your subject's shoulders
  • Dutch Angle Shot (I've heard of it)- the camera is slanted to one side
  • Overhead Shot- from above, looking down on your subject
  • Aerial Shot- an angle captured from up high (e.g. Helicopter, Drone, etc.)
The Knee level may be an angle I will use in my film. But overall, this new obtained knowledge has made me rethink the angles I will use in my film. In my next blog I going to talk a little bit about the date I'll be filming and the camera angles that might appear in my film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Script Annotations for the day of filming

Script Issue Update

Filming Date and The Use of Camera Angles in my Film Althea